Thursday, May 9, 2013

Profound...

An internet search for the meaning of "profound" will return results that refer to intense feeling, completeness, depth of insite, or difficulty with understanding complexity.  So it seems a fitting word to use as I describe circumstances of these days.  It also conveniently fits with the alliteration we used in the support letter we sent out:)  If you haven't seen the support letter, I published it for you in the previous post.

So what's profound?

On Friday last week my brother and employer closed on the sale of his business to some of his employees.  I was aware that would be happening, and on Monday (of this week) I went in to work and, as expected, all of us who had been employed by my brother's company heard that we were unemployed because that business was no more.  We were then offered a job by the new company... For good reasons I didn't accept the job, and I believe I made the best choice for the moment.  However, that does present a new challenge to our family.  I have some ideas about what I might be able to do to provide for my family, but I have no idea what God has in mind for us.  I also don't have any idea how soon any opportunities will start to yield an income.  So we will look to the Lord, and remember that just because one Bible verse comes right after another it doesn't mean that only one moment passed in between.  Our hearts remember our good friends who unexpectedly learned the provider for their family lost his job last July during their family vacation.  We hope their story soon will be, "He lost his job last July, but now he works for..."  It's profound to me that whenever they make that statement (we pray it will be soon) the hardship of the time between a new job and last July is contained in the text, ", but".  Four characters and a space are all that describes everything between one job and the next.

Please join us as we look to the Lord to help us be righteous and faithful through this profound time of "comma but."

scott

No comments:

Post a Comment