Friday, May 24, 2013

Thankfulness

My heart is so full of thankfulness tonight.  There have been several times during this year that I have felt so blessed with the way people are supporting our family during this Zambia adventure and tonight I just can't rest until I let you know that our family feels very loved and supported by our family, church family, friends and community.

There have been so very many ways that people have been loving and supporting us.  I'm sure I would miss someone if I tried to name all of the ways but to let you hear a sampling of people's generosity I will name a few:  pocket change from a little boy, girls selling hair ties and giving the money towards our trip, garage sale money, containers of coins, people supporting our bake sale and brat sale, lawn mowing jobs, many generous donations, teachers supporting our kids at school with very kind words and gifts, people praying for us, the list goes on and on.

Tonight as I was praying with our kids I was thanking God for the blessings that He gives to us.  Sometimes He blesses us and we do not even realize it, and tonight I just can't stop thinking about all He has done for us.  It is because of His grace, we certainly do not deserve it, wow... I just don't know what to say.

Tonight, I want you to know that we do not take any gift that you've given to us, large or small, lightly. Every little bit helps.  And we are thankful.  My prayer tonight is that we won't ever waste these gifts.  We want to bring glory to God with our trip (before, during and after).  May God bless each and every one of you.  And if there is any way that we can be praying for you, please feel free to let us know.  We'd be honored to lift you up in prayer.

With a grateful heart ~ Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment