Wednesday, March 27, 2013

I thought I'd take a few minutes tonight, to share a little bit, of my perspective on our trip to Zambia.  I actually started writing these thoughts over a month ago as we were getting our support letter ready to be sent out.  We realized that our letter could end up being really long if we each wrote about our perspective and that's when we decided maybe a blog was the way to go.

For some time now, Scott and I have felt a desire to be able to go on a missions trip with our family.  I've never been on a mission trip before and I am not sure why God chose now to put this desire in our hearts.  But I am really excited to see what God may have in store for not only me, but my family as well.

Our church family, CBC, has connected with and been supporting Villages of Hope in Zambia for 7 years now.  Every time I hear about someone's experience there I think, "I really want to go there and experience that place."  And I wonder if God will ever allow me to visit.  It seems that this year may be the time God has chosen.  Since last year, Scott and I have been considering the possibility of participating in this mission trip.  Since the beginning of January we have been praying and asking God to make it clear to us if this timing is right for our family.  We started saving our pennies, realizing that God is big enough to provide everything we might need for this trip.  We decided to hand in our applications to go on the mission trip and were accepted onto the team.  So, here we are looking at traveling to the Villages of Hope in about 6 months.  I am excited and really nervous!  And I am so thankful for this opportunity.

to be continued...
~Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment