Thursday, August 8, 2013

Build Your Kingdom Here

Perhaps you've heard a new song on the radio the past couple of months?  It's got a catchy tune and a fun music video.  It's a song by a band that I had not heard of before:  Rend Collective Experiment.  The song has become a family favorite and one that we listen to often.  It's also become a prayer of mine and a theme song for me when I think about our trip to Zambia.

It has some good lyrics and I think a mission minded vision.  I have several thoughts while listening to it and I thought I would share just a few.

We are not going to visit the people in Zambia, at the Village of Hope, on our own but we are going with the power of the Holy Spirit!

I do not want to waste my life.  I don't know that I have been, but I have never put myself in a position of experiencing a short-term mission trip, and God has placed a desire in me to hear from Him in this way.  I want to live for Jesus, to love people here in America and around the world.

I have been praying that God will not only continue to build His kingdom in Zambia when we are there - but starting first in our family.  I've been asking God to change our atmosphere daily, and that our home will be a place that anyone can walk into and see we love Jesus.  Then, our family can be a part of Jesus' love spreading to our neighborhood, community, and all the way to Zambia.

We pray.  The song is filled with prayer requests that I believe God loves to hear from us.

Build your kingdom here, in our family, in our team traveling to Zambia, in our family and friends who are supporting us, with those we meet in Zambia.

This past year has been an incredible experience.  God has blessed us through so many people.  He has built a team traveling together who gets along well.  He has encouraged us through so many people.  We have been touched by the financial support people have given, prayers that we have heard and that only God has heard, support and love through notes and words that people have spoken to us.  We are so excited for the next two weeks!  :)

Blessings ~ Erin

I've attached a link to the music video for the song.
Build Your Kingdom Here - Rend Collective Experiment






No comments:

Post a Comment