Saturday, August 10, 2013

We're off!

Today we depart for Zambia!

Our neighbors stopped by last night so we could go over some things they are going to take care of for us.  We appreciate them so much.  For the first time I started getting teary eyed.  As we were talking about how great God is, that He has provided for us to take this trip, it is so humbling and we are so thankful, I started getting a little bit emotional.

I wish I could say I wasn't nervous.  I know God provided this trip and I don't need to worry, so I am continually putting my worries at Jesus' feet.  I didn't sleep well last night (wondering if I have our house in order, flying over an ocean, taking kids to a different country, losing my passport, etc.).  I couldn't fall asleep so I read my Bible for awhile.  And this morning I woke up early... thinking about Zambia :)  So, I'm glad we don't leave until this afternoon, we are mostly packed and I may even get a nap in.  We'll see.

Emotions are a weird thing.  The other night at supper our oldest son said he hasn't had his "wow" moment yet. :)  We keep waiting for him to have it and when he does he is supposed to write about it in his journal.  He hasn't been so involved in the packing scene because he keeps going out to play with his friends, so we wonder if that could be why he hasn't had his moment yet.

On the other hand, our youngest son will just occasionally come into the room and tell me how many days until we leave.  He will have a smile on his face sometimes and sometimes it's just very matter of fact.  I do wonder how much he is comprehending.  I pray that God will even work in his little heart.  I think it will be incredible to watch him interact with the children at the Village of Hope.

And my girls are different too.  My oldest daughter is so excited!  She has a countdown app on her ipod, and she's been watching it for a couple weeks now at least :)  Pray for her as she loves the people in Zambia.  I don't know what God will teach her while we are away, but she is sensitive to Him right now and I want her to be able to hear Him with all her heart.

And my youngest daughter is nervous.  She said she's excited too, but mostly she'll say she's nervous.  I'm not sure what she is nervous about but I want her to enjoy her time and not be thinking of things that she doesn't have control of (I guess she takes after her mommy).  She's so fun to be with and the kids will just love her and she will love the kids.

And Scott and I, well, we aren't sure what God will teach us either.  We do pray that our hearts will be softened though.  That we will be available to the people in whatever way God asks us to be.  And that this will be an incredible growing experience.

Well, I best get onto my last minute "to-do" list!  Woo-Hoo, we're off!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment